- Your closest Amtrak train stations are Baltimore Washington (BWI) and New Carrollton.
- Bayrunner Shuttles run to and from Baltimore & BWI; to & from the Hyatt in Cambridge just 10+- minutes from the house.
- Provided in the last photo on the "Galleries" page under "Home"
- Downtown Cambridge has several great spots, and there are a few outside town including two closer to the house right on the water. We created a great Google Map with our favorite restaurants, shopping, recreation, daytrips, etc. (CUSTOM LOCAL MAP. It's a map with icons, and a list of the better spots with stars next to our favorites. You should also check out the Cambridge website for new suggestions as well as a calendar of local events - some are quite fun!
- A few of the restaurants are truly great, local seafood experiences. Most are very casual but a few, like Bluepoint at the Hyatt Chesapeake Resort are upscale and very good.
- For dining outside Cambridge, the towns of Easton, St. Michaels & Oxford are all +-30 minutes away; an easy drive.
- Caterers - we have several that we recommend for that intimate and festive occasion.
- Our Google Map has our favorite shopping: (CUSTOM LOCAL MAP) and the best spots have stars next to them.
- The Walmart in Cambridge is the better grocery store.
- Highlites include four, great raw and cooked seafood and crab carryouts, and one of the best-ever produce/market spots
down the street; Emily's. For antique stroll, downtown Cambridge has some gems. St. Michaels, 45 minutes away is world-
class and an excellent day trip.
On The Property:
- Water Sports: Kayaking, Canoeing, Beach, Pool, Fishing & Crabbing (no license required). Our dock is great for your boat, and
local outfitters will rent & deliver SUP's & powerboats. The water is excellent; very calm for swimming and kids. Ping Pong,
Foosball and lawn games like Corn Hole toss.
- On Land: Bicycles, Lawn Games, Barbequeing, Fire Pit, Lounging on the Dock, Pond-deck and Porches...
- GOLF: The River Marsh course at the Hyatt Resort is 15 minutes away and excellent. There literally 30 courses within an hour
from the house.
- TENNIS: There are nice, public tennis courts in Cambridge and Easton.
- FISHING: Off property you can fish with several, local captains that our guests have worked with. Some will pick you up at the dock, and some of the best Rockfish fishing is just 15 minutes away!
- FITNESS: There is an excellent, well-provisioned and large fitness gym in town with membership plans from a single-visit on-
up. We also have Pilates, Yoga and other facilities nearby.
- BIKING: We have five bikes, and they're also available through Blackwater Adventures as well as Slaughter Creek Marina.
There are several Triathlons in the area due to our incredible biking and running lendscape. Flat, scenic roads with little traffic.
- POWERSPORTS: Blackwater Adventures has Powerboats Canoes, Kayaks, SUPs and Paddle Boats for rent. Slaughter Creek
Marina has powerboats, crab traps, bikes and more for rent, and they're both close to the house.
- HORSEBACK RIDING: at Windy Way Stables.
- ULTRALIGHT AIRCRAFT B&B Sport Aviation, just 15 minutes away will train you on thrilling, ultralight aircraft.
- Blackwater Refuge. This National Wildlife Refuge is a spectacular, one of a kind sanctuary and just 10 minutes away. Bald
Eagles (you're very likely to see them) and breathtaking landscapes. Amazing hikes and a scenic drive that isn't to be missed;
- Old Trinity Church. Founded in 1694, this waterfront church is absolutely idyllic. The graveyard is a history lesson...
- Town of Cambridge. Pre-Civil War and painstakingly restored over the years. History, dining, shopping, strolling & activities
- Town of St. Michaels. Harbor town with year-round with festivals, events, museums, shopping, galleries and eateries
- Hoopers Island and Old Salty's. Hoopers is a three-island archipelago with a thriving fishing village frozen in time. Old Salty's
restaurant is the perfect lunch, breakfast or dinner destination on this beautiful 30-minute drive through land and time
- Harriet Tubman Museum & Visitor Center celebrates the most famous conductor from the Underground slave Railroad.
- Spocott Windmill An historic windmill village, painfully recreated from it's original, 200 year old design
- Skipjack Nathan Tour. A wonderful family sail out of Cambridge celebrating the Skipjack; a "Chesapeake working boat"
- Suicide Bridge Paddlewheen Boats. Take a tour, lunch, dinner or crab-feast cruise in fully-restored paddlewheel boats
- Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Resort. Yes a resort, but it's also three great restaurants, a golf resort, spa, wintergarden
and awesome place for adult beverages while making smores. You can rent fast powerboats, jetskis & more
From Cambridge, St. Michaels MD with it's a world-class walk streets including arts, antiques and food is 30 minutes away. The Boardwalk at Ocean City Maryland, as well as Rehobeth Beach and Dewey Beach Delaware are just over an hour. Washington DC is 90 minutes and Annapolis Maryland just over an hour from Cambridge.